Friday, July 5, 2013

Absence Makes Me Itchy

So, I haven't written on here in a long time.  A lot of that is due to an increase in RL obligations.  However, I think a lot of it is also my being increasingly out of the loop regarding the "big picture" of FW. 

Here's what I mean by that.  I used to give a crap about sov.  Not a huge crap, mind you.  However, I cared somewhat.  Then, despite what I thought would happen, sov suddenly meant ISK.  That ruined sov for me.  I didn't think it would, but the character of FW changed such that a lot of the "pvp4fun" was replaced by a desire to crush the other guy so you could increase your ISK.  Further, tons of people flocked to FW for the purposes of getting space-rich.  The status quo never really returned.

All is not bad news, though.  Pvp is still enjoyable.  However, nowadays I spend almost all my time in frigates fitted as cheaply as possible and leroying into minmatar gangs of cruisers of all tech levels, usually in greater numbers (lulz ensue). 

That's okay, however, because it seems we happen upon all sorts of people in the warzone who derp themselves to death anyway.  (http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=18563570)


And then there's the obligatory hotdrop from PL.  We stumbled on their Hyperion and said "What the hell, why not?" and engaged.  After about 10 mins or so, navitas arrived, popped cyno, and my slicer got up close to an Aeon shortly before going boom.


So, despite not giving a crap about sov, I will say I'm diggin the fights (if you wish to call them such) that I've encountered since my return to Eve.  They may lack in the epic quality of some of the bashes of years past (battleships at Huola/Kourm), but they make up for it in lighthearted fun.  I'm back and itchin for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment